Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays Sept. 22nd ~ 28th


Well today is officially the first day of Autumn and it certainly feels like it! After the most amazing send-off to Summer at the weekend (temps of 27C and nothing but clear blue skies) the clouds rolled in yesterday and today it hasn't stopped raining! Still no complaints here (other than I couldn't find ANY of my umbrellas this morning!) as it really has been the most amazing Summer ever. So now I am caught between using up the last of the best Summer ingredients and starting to edge more towards warming Autumnal Soups, Stews and Roasts. I'll be honest I like this time of year and I love the food so I'm looking forward to making the transition.

This week's menu is a mixture of using up what ingredients we have leftover from last week, and a few new recipes that I saw online and couldn't resist! Last night we used the remaining pizza dough and ingredients from Sunday for a lovely quick and easy pizza. I have to admit cooking a pizza on the barbecue really is so amazing and doesn't compare to the oven. We had it 2 nights in a row and I could eat it again tonight - I just love it! Tonight is the first of the new recipes, this one courtesy of Delicious magazine. It's another Vegetarian meal which I am happy about as I am trying to cut down our meat intake a bit. This looks so amazing so I really hope it delivers with taste and is straightforward to make. Wednesday night is another new recipe, this one however from a cook book that I am reviewing. This will most likely be the last recipe I test (for the review anyway) so I should get that review up next week. Thursday is the third and final new recipe of the week and I found this recipe on Pinterest and couldn't resist it! My mouth waters every time I look at it so I can't wait to try it. Friday is now hockey night so it has to be something quick and easy. I'm giving the Slow Cooker a rest this week and making my Spicy Tomato & Mozzarella Gnocchi instead which I will serve with a nice green salad. Although the slow cooker is having a rest on Friday I will be starting my 'Slow Cooker Fridays' link party on my Facebook page so make sure to have a look at that for some new ideas and inspiration and please share your favourite recipes! Saturday and I have been craving a really good, fully loaded Burger so it's on the menu! As it happens as of now with all of the rain forecast for the next week, amazingly they are calling for Sun on Saturday so hopefully it shines and we can enjoy our Burgers outside and don't have to stand in the wind and rain while barbecuing them! Sunday and as usual it's still to be decided but I'm not going to lie, I'm craving a roast of some sort so that might make an appearance!

So there you have it! Have a great week everyone with family, friends and of course, lots of good food! x

 Monday September 22nd ~ 28th

                                  Monday  -       BBQ'd Pizza with Garlic & Thyme Mushrooms
                                  Tuesday -       Mint, Pistachio & Courgette Polpette
                                  Wednesday -  Sausage & Peppers with Bread Salad & Green Salad (Review)
                                  Thursday -      Gyros with Greek Chicken, Tzatiki & Homemade Pita
                                  Friday -          Spicy Tomato & Mozzarella Gnocchi with Salad   
                                  Saturday -       Burgers with Caesar Salad 
                                  Sunday -         Barbecued Pork Chops with Potato & Leek Gratin & Steamed Broccoli
                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...