Monday, May 26, 2014

Meal Planning Mondays May 26th ~ June 1st


Whoops, we have been so busy that I almost forgot to post this week's Meal Plan! Thankfully though although I wasn't organised enough to post it early this morning, I was organised to start it yesterday so that most of the week is planned. This week looks like it's another week of using things up as last week I was in a rush so I ended up buying quite a lot of my vegetables from Costco rather than where I normally get them from. Although it has the advantage of being very reasonably priced there is the issue that everything comes in giant portions and not necessarily what is needed for a family of 3! So this week I am working my way through a lot of veges before they go bad! No complaints though as at least I know we'll be eating well and I only needed to buy a few additional items this morning.

We're starting the week off with a simple, quick and easy Thai Green Vegetable Curry. Thankfully Ben loves curries as long as they aren't too spicy so I just need to keep the main dish mild and slice up some extra chillies on the side for me! This is a perfect dish for the vegetables that I have and it fits in well with it being Meat Free Monday. Tomorrow I'm using up the Mozzarella from our pizza's last week with my Spicy Tomato & Mozzarella Gnocchi, again just watching the spice level. Wednesday and it's back to the latest book that I am reviewing with another recipe from Bill Granger. I love how simple this recipe looks not to mention deliciously healthy! Thursday and we are making the most of the fact that Scott isn't eating with us with our favourite tomato pasta, although I'm using up some of the many cherry tomatoes I have. This is by far one of my all time favourite dishes and it's quick and simple to make, perfect for after swimming. Friday and I am undecided but thinking possibly fish....I'm hoping I'll find some inspiration from a cookbook so will update that once I've decided. Saturday and it's Ben's choice with some scrummy burgers and potato wedges which not only does he love to eat but enjoys helping to make which is a win-win situation for me. Finally and as usual Sunday is TBD as the forecast is looking good so hopefully we can get out on the boat meaning dinner will have to be something quick and easy and good for a hot, sunny day!

I'm also making up a batch of Creamy Celery Soup for lunches this week and we're now off to make some Priory Biscuits and possibly some Muffins to keep the cupboards full followed by our tummies!

Have a great week everyone with family, friends and of course, lots of good food! x

 Monday May 26th - Sunday June 1st

                                  Monday  -      Thai Green Vegetable Curry with Jasmine Rice
                                  Tuesday -       Spicy Tomato & Mozzarella Gnocchi & Salad
                                  Wednesday -  Spa-style Poached Chicken with Sesame Bean Salad (Bill Granger)
                                  Thursday -      Spaghetti with Cherry Tomato Sauce & Salad
                                  Friday -          Leftovers 
                                  Saturday -      Individual Pizzas
                                  Sunday -        Burgers with Potato Wedges (Ben's choice)
  
As always don't forget you can add links to your Weekly Meal Plans in the comments section below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...